We woke up from Girls Night with vague memories of Budapest. Since we would have been in no shape to travel to Hungry, we decided that we should head to Colmar France (http://www.planetware.com/france/colmar-f-a-col.htm). However, before heading out, we decided to join Ross and Joel on a trip to the ISB International Festival. While the idea may have sounded a little cheesy, it turned out to be a ball! The ISB knows how to party! There were hundreds of people on the school grounds and dozens of countries food to sample. While Lauren was brave and ate Swiss Risotto, Ross and I found our mouths watering at the sight of real, juicy hamburgers with Velveeta cheese! Super yummy and rare in Switzerland! We headed to the American Stand... I know it is clichĂ©! But, you try living in Europe when your favorite food is BBQ and cheese burgers! We walked around the school and I joined the American Women’s Club of Basel. It was a great success!
We came home, I put Joel to bed and Lauren and I headed to Colmar. We walked around and enjoyed the charm of this great tourist haven. Lauren and I enjoyed a coffee on the canal. Then, we took a gondola along the canal. It was a wonderful tour conducted in French! I will admit; we had no idea what was going on. But, it was okay, we were drifting on a gorgeous canal. The only hitch was that we were riding with some dummy that kept rocking the boat. We kept hoping that he would fall in. (No such luck.)
Lauren and I went shopping and ate another wonderful meal of tart flambé. Super Yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment