Swiss Family Weikel

Swiss Family Weikel

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 28-30, 2010: Joel's healthy baby check up, forest school, and the flu


Monday, June 28th
Joel had a healthy baby check up on Monday. He is a healthy baby boy. He weighs 13 kg (30 lbs) and he is about 84 cm (33 inches). He is according to the doctor a healthy and happy baby boy. We already knew that!

The problems started with Joel woke up from his nap on Monday afternoon. His nose started running and he started coughing. At first, I was not concerned. We even went to the park and played in the sandbox with Allison and her two kids. Joel had a great time, except for the runny nose and cough.

That night, as he was falling asleep both Ross and I noted that he really was coughing.

Tuesday, June 29th:
Joel woke up with a runny nose and the cough, but he seemed so happy, I decided that he might like Forest School. So, he went into the woods. He had a great time. He played in the creek and he fought a tree. The only sad thing is the tree won and now Joel has a scratch on his little face. In addition, the leaders of the Forest School told me that Joel is speaking Swiss German in class! We are so excited. I am a doofus and forgot to ask what words he is speaking. I will ask next week.

When Joel woke up from his nap, I asked him if he wanted to go to the pool or the park. The pool won. So, Joel and I headed to the pool. He loved it! The pools here are amazing. There are about 9 pools located in the pool park. There are about 5 kiddy pools that range in depth from a few centimeters to about mid thigh. Joel and I explored them all. His nose was still runny, but he had a great time. When we got home, we ate dinner and headed off to bed.

Wednesday, Jun 30th;
Today was rough! Joel's cough and runny nose have gotten worse and he has Mr. D! Yuck! He just seemed miserable. The poor baby, all he wanted was to be held. I called the doctor and he was able to see us at 4:45. The doctors and the nurses were so sympathetic! After all, they saw our super happy baby on Monday and today he looks so puny. They took a blood test and he does not have anything bacterial, it is just a virus. So, he gave us some medication and wished us luck. I am hoping that it works, because I am not sure I am strong enough to hold him all day again. My back is killing me! Keep us in your thoughts. We have another doctor's appointment next Wednesday.

Mom, thank you for helping me when I was freaking out about my sick baby. You rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment