So, Joel is still in Forest School so we took Joel to the woods with his friends. I think that Lauren was thrilled to hear all of the wonderful songs that we sing. The look in her eyes was either lots of delight or utter boredom. I think it was delight.
After dropping Joel off, we headed into town. That's right, we went straight to Basel! It was so fun to be in Basel with Lauren, we had a coffee in Barfuserplatz! Yes, a coffee in our town. It felt so European! It is fun to be out on the town with a girlfriend drinking coffee and eating croissants. After our coffee and conversation, we headed into the Dom and then to the Munster. They were so beautiful! We really need to take all of our visitors to the churches. Then, to top it off we took the line boat across the Rhein. It was wonderful!
Unfortunately, we were late to pick Joel up at Forest School. I was the last Mommy to get my baby! I thought I was going to cry! It was the worst! As I was running up the hill to get to the top of the mountain, I passed every other Mom. Needless to say, I have not been late since.
Then, Lauren and I were hoping to head up the mountain to have lunch. After walking up the mountain, we found out that the cafe was closed! Once again, I thought I was going to cry! But, Lauren is such a positive person, we decided to head back home and have lunch. It was great lunch. We ate out in our garden. Then, we all took naps. We really needed naps.
When we woke up, we hung out and played with Joel. What a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment