Swiss Family Weikel

Swiss Family Weikel

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Lauren's Trip: Tuesday, June 15, 2010: Lauren went home!

So, despite my prayers for another ash cloud, Lauren headed home. I drove her to the Zurich airport and she was on a plane and headed home. Needless to say, it was a rough day. I sent Joel to Forest School and felt sorry for myself.

We had such a good time together and I am so glad that Lauren was able to make the trip. It was so wonderful to see such a great friend. Some of my favorite things about having Lauren visit are:
1. Lauren taught Joel how to say "sippy." It is adorable he now calls his cups, "sippy bottles." He also calls my coke bottles, "sippys."
2. Lauren taught Joel how to back out of our outdoor furniture. She was so patient and she really did teach him how to safely get down. Thank you for that!
3. Talking about her wedding was so fun! I am so excited about it. I am really hoping that I can either be the book wench or the umbrella girl. I am keeping my fingers crossed!
4. Lauren taught me some useful French phrases. For example, "Je voudrais" which means "I would like." Or in case we met some hot guys in the club, "Souhaitez-vous m'aider à sortir de cette." Turns out, that was not as useful. Oh, well!
5. Hanging out with Ken, our super hot GPS dude! He might be the strong silent type, but I think that he is excited about getting the big invite to Lauren's wedding. After all those mugs are hard to come by!

I had a great time and I can't wait to see her at her wedding! We are pumped!

No comments:

Post a Comment