While Ren-Ren and Captain Pat were here we took the time to sightsee around Switzerland! This was the first time that we have really spent enjoying this beautiful country. Ross and I planned a really lovely trip into the Alps. We headed up to Graubunden, the most eastern part of Switzerland. This area is the home to Davos, Arosa, The Engadine and St. Moritz. It is the ritzy part of Switzerland.
Before we headed into Switzerland, we drove to a place that I have always wanted to see! We went to LIECHTENSTEIN! WOW! This country is gorgeous and it is a real kingdom with a fantastic and all powerful King. This little country was wonderful. We had so much fun in the capital city of Vaduz. We got our passport stamped and toured around. I loved it! WOW!
We stayed at a beautiful apartment called Rock Resort (http://www.booking.com/hotel/ch/rocksresort.en.html?aid=318615;label=EN_Whole_Hotel_rock+resort+laax). The resort was gorgeous and we were very impressed by how close the Alps were. The town of Laax was so pretty and charming. Ross and I really want to go back. It is amazing how beautiful this country is.
We visited Heidi’s hideaway in Mainesfield. We say the little orphan’s house and we had the chance to feed the goats. The house is tucked into a beautiful alpine pasture. The land just unfolds and it is so dramatic against the sky. WOW! Once again, this is another place that I really want to visit again.
On our way to Chur, we had a fantastic time driving on the Via Mala. This twisty, turning road took us along an ancient Roman trading route. The road crawls along the side of a gorge and it was incredible. The views were lovely and I think everyone in the car was just amazed!
We also visited Zillis were we saw a fantastic church with beautiful paintings on the ceiling. The little town was so pretty. Once again, the Alps and the valleys are so pretty. Plus, it was so neat to be in a city where all of the writing and signs are in Romansh. Romansh is living Latin… pretty cool huh?
We are so lucky to live in such a gorgeous place!
No comments:
Post a Comment