Swiss Family Weikel

Swiss Family Weikel

Friday, December 10, 2010

Laura: My Hat is Off to YOU!






A Special Shout Out: Laura

As you might already know, we lost the pictures from Halloween which means that (until we get the hard drive fixed) I do not have any pictures of the amazing pumpkin (Orson) that Joel and Laura carved. Laura it turns out is an wonderful pumpkin carver… no really, she like an artist. We had a ball making the pumpkin so gorgeous. We took tons of pictures of the pumpkin. Joel named the pumpkin Orson. While they were carving Orson, it was cute to let Joel know what shape he wanted the mouth, eyes and nose to be. He, Laura and I created a fantastic pumpkin.

During that first weekend, Laura and I also had a wonderful time going to Mozelle’s for dinner. It was so nice to have a girls night out. We ate tons of yummy food. It was my first taste of collard greens in about 9 months… trust me, it was well worth the wait. After dinner, we headed to a fantastic coffee shop for delicious dessert, coffee and fantastic conversation. On Sunday Morning, Laura and Karen and I had a fun meal at Cracker Barrel. It turns out that Joel loves pancakes. I just loved catching up with Lauren and Karen. We had so much fun and I was so glad when we planned on seeing each other again when Ross and I were in Atlanta.

After our trip to Atlanta, we met up with Rav and Laura in Hickory. We met at an adorable restaurant called the Olde Hickory Tap Room. Hickory is actually a really cute little town. The restaurant was very fun and it was so nice to catch up with Laura and Rav. I loved hearing all about the fun times that Laura and Rav had with their family in the mountains. My only wish was that we had more time to spend with Laura and Rav.

Living in Europe is a super fun adventure, but I miss my best friends. I just hope that they know how much we love them and miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment