Swiss Family Weikel

Swiss Family Weikel

Friday, December 10, 2010

12 Hours in Atlanta: Cory, Katie, Jaime, Laura and Rav

12 Hours in Atlanta: Cory, Katie, Jaime, Laura and Rav

While flying home from Costa Rica, we flew through Atlanta. It was the only way that we could get to our favorite city. When we saw Atlanta from the plane window, I admit, I cried. It was so amazing to see our home town. I really believe that Atlanta is the most beautiful city in the world, but I am biased. We were only able to see a handful of people simply because we did not think we could manage much more in twelve hours.

Cory and Katie picked us up from the airport, it was so great too see them! Plus, it was so fun to get into their giant car! On the way to Fox Brothers for dinner we were once again able to see the sky line and I cried again. Cory and Katie are such a fun couple and it was so nice to see them and have a little one on one time. At Fox Brothers we met up with Jaime, Laura and Rav. It was so much fun. We drank Sweet Water Beer, ate an entire Tominator and chowed down on yummy BBQ sandwiches. Ross and I had so much fun, it was so nice to “pretend” like we still lived in Atlanta. After dinner, we headed to Hand in Hand and grabbed a drink.

We spent the night at Cory and Katie’s House. We were able to meet their new puppy. He is adorable and super sweet. As always, I was blown-away by how gorgeous Katie’s house is. She is such a talented decorator.

We woke up at the break of dawn and Jaime picked us up to take us to the Airport. It was great to spend some one on one time with Jaime and to catch up! I only wish that we could have seen the twins. We were lucky enough to talk to them on the phone. It sounds like they had a ball at a Spur’s game.

Once again, I will say that leaving Atlanta was probably one of the toughest things we did on our trip to the USA. My only regret is that I did not take any pictures of our 12 hour visit to Atlanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment