


Our Trip Back to Switzerland
We left the USA on Monday. I am not sure if I have been that sad in a long time. Don’t get me wrong, I like Switzerland and I like our life here, it is just not home. I miss my family. I miss having people who you know love you. I miss my Mom and Dad and I miss my Sister. I miss getting to see them easily. The fact that I only got to see Mary for 4 days makes me want to cry. I feel like we should get the opportunity to see each other more often and for more time. After all, who is a better role model for Joel and for me than my amazing sister? Plus, I miss my friends. I miss the friends that we were able to see and I miss the friends that we were not able to see. I miss our house. I loved our house and our Atlanta life. In addition, I miss my horse. I love her so much and I know that she would not have survived the travel to Switzerland, but I miss her. I love her and she is my baby. Once again, I am having fun in Switzerland and we actually have more friends with kids here, it is just not HOME… yet. I know that the longer we stay here the more it will feel like home. But, I must confess, in the afternoons, when Joel is sleeping, I spend my time listening to Bob and Sheri and checking out Winston-Salem and Greensboro Real estate. (It is sad, right?)
We had an adventure on our trip home. Joel had a fantastic time on the plane… in fact he had so much fun he only slept for about 2 hours on the plane. He was fine, he played and laughed, he just did not sleep. Once we landed in Frankfurt, the snow caught us. All of the flights out were canceled. Therefore, we caught a train home. Joel thought the train was exciting; Ross and I were very exhausted. After arriving at the SBB Train Station, we caught a bus to the airport so we could get our car. I kept falling asleep on the bus, I am pretty sure that the Swiss people thought I was insane. Once we got to the airport, Ross had to go and dig our car out of the snow. When we finally got home, Joel and I took a two hour nap and Ross worked. The next morning, Wednesday, Joel and I slept until 11:30 AM. It was fantastic. I think it is safe to say that we are back on schedule.
On Friday, our dear friends Michaela, Dorje hosted a fantastic Christmas Party. The kids had a ball cavorting around the house. We had an amazing meal and wonderful conversation. It was so great to catch up with the friends, Steph and Mick, who we missed while we were away. The party helped me realize that we really are so lucky to be surrounded by such amazing people. While they might not be relatives, they are pretty close to family.
Hi Blair,
ReplyDeleteCrews rec'd your Christmas card today and I realized you live in Switzerland...da.... From experience I know the homesickness will get better. The time to recover after seeing family will get shorter. Your crazy and exciting adventure will be over before you know it. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Beverley