I have been telling my Mom that I would start writing down the funny and adorable things that Joel says. So, Mom, this one is for you!
Joel & Sullivan (our dog)
The other day, Joel and I were reading the Thomas the Train Book (for the hundredth time) and Joel looked at me and said, “Doggie read book." After that, I had to explain that the dog is illiterate. Needles to say, Joel was very upset. I think that Sullivan was relieved not to have to read the book… he has to get tired of them too!
Joel knows how to open our garden gate. The dog loves to escape and the baby thinks it is so funny to watch the dog run away. So, a few days ago the baby, dog and I were hanging out in the yard. I watched the baby walk to the gate, open it and let the dog out. (I was running over to stop the madness, but alas, I was too late!) Just as I got to the gate, Joel looked at the dog that was running with joy and abandonment and he said to me, “Doggie Gone.” My reply was an exasperated, “Yes, the doggie is gone.” Sullivan returned in a few minutes with a look of utter joy.
Joel & The Tram:
Everyone who knows Joel knows that he loves to talk. On the tram, he really shines. The Swiss children are silent and demur compared to my chit-chatty child.
The other day, Joel and I were riding on the tram and an little girl got on the tram with her mommy. Both of the kids were stroller to stroller and they could see each other. The little girl was holding a toy monkey. Joel looked at the monkey, he looked at the girl and then he looked at me. Joel once again looked at the monkey and then said to me, “Monkey, want it.” It was so funny because the little girl, who was Swiss, looked at Joel and then hugged her monkey tighter. Joel then looked right at the litte girl and said once again, “Monkey, want it.” Needless to say, I had to explain that it was hers and that she loved the monkey and that he could not have the monkey.
Joel and I go to the zoo once a week. (Yes, I love the zoo… I am a dork!) On the way to the zoo, Joel loves to talk about the animals. Joel loves the rhino’s! He puts his index finger on his nose (like a horn) and says, “Hello, rhino!” We make the old ladies on the tram laugh! He also barks like a sea lion. It is so funny!
Joel & Bedtime
Last night, Joel attended a fantastic birthday party and we did not get home until 8PM. Joel is usually in bed at 7:30. On the way home, Joel looked at me and started naming all the things that were sleeping. It was so funny. As we walked home he said…
“Dolphins sleeping”
“Doggie sleeping”
“Lion sleeping.”
“Rhino sleeping”
“Pony sleeping”
“Oma & Opa sleeping”
“Ren-Ren and Pat sleeping”
These are so cute Blair! I am dying over "Monkey, want it!"
ReplyDelete