Swiss Family Weikel

Swiss Family Weikel

Sunday, July 18, 2010

July 10-18, 2010: Fun times at the pool

So, now it is obvious why people live in Switzerland! The weather is AMAZING! The sun shines all the time, the temperature ranges from the mid 80s to mid 90s during the day and from the 60s to the 70s at night. It is a little like paradise. (I will have to remember this when it is snowing up to our eyeballs!)

Joel and I have been enjoying this wonderful weather by spending lots of time at the pool and the park. Joel loves the sandbox! He is in hog heaven anytime he can get into the dirt. He thinks that the pool is a wild world. He splishes and splashes! It is hilarious! I would love to take pictures and post them but it is hard to take them when you are watching a 30lb human catapult. He is dangerous and adorable.

I have joined the Basel Childbirth Trust (http://www.baselchildbirthtrust.com/). It is a great organization dedicated to linking women with kids in Basel. A neighbor and I are going to be coordinators for the Reinach/Asche Neighborhood. We have our first outing planned for this week! We are going to have a pool party on Wednesday. If anyone is in town and wants to join, please do! We would love to see you!

Within our neighborhood, we have a group of girls who are meeting for coffee and cakes. It has been fun. We have a brunch planned for my house on August 10th. I need to figure out what to make. I was thinking Shrimp and Grits, but a few of the girls are Muslim so it will make it hard to cook without pork. Any ideas for a quick and easy brunch will be appreciated! It really has been fun making new friends and it is so easy in our neighborhood.

We have some upcoming excitement; Ross has taken a 3 day weekend for next week so we are planning a trip! That always means exciting blogs and great pictures. We have not decided where to go yet, I am happy to take suggestions. I am leaning more towards France, since the food is so yummy! We will see and I will keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment