Wow! I am hoping to use this space to chronicle our families exciting adventure of living in Switzerland. So, I guess that I should start at the beginning. When Ross decided to leave his old company, we never thought we would end up here. In fact, I was really sure we would be moving to TX. (So much for a women's intuition.) Yet, Ross and I talked about what he wanted to do and where we wanted to end up... back in NC. This job was perfect! It met all criteria, except for one small thing, it was in Switzerland! However, living abroad is just to great of an opportunity to pass up, so we sold our house and we moved. In tow were our little man, Joel and our smelly dog, Sullivan. My parents were left with my horse, Finny, and our evil baby cat, Ramos. That has been so hard. I miss my horse! The cat, well he is an island to himself and I am thinking we should bring him here with us. I think that it will hard to convince Ross that it is a great idea! (We will see.)
So, we have moved to Switzerland to a burbs of a city called Basel. We live in a cute house on the edge of Reinach, very close to the International School. We have been blessed with wonderful neighbors who have made this transition so much easier. We are getting used to living here. We just bought a car, a Passat Wagon, but Joel and I use the trams to get everywhere. I actually really like using the trams. They are cool and the old Swiss people just love Joel. He talks and flirts with them. It is adorable.
Speaking of Joel, he is enrolled in Forest School. What is Forest School? Well it is a two day a week program where kids between the age of 15months to 4 years head off into the woods with two wonderful ladies. They go no matter what the weather is like, so Joel has his own waiters for mud puddle jumping and playing in dirt. He has a ball! The benefits of the program are great! Joel is outside in nature with Swiss kids! He is learning to speak Swiss German and it is great for balance and dexterity. Plus, it is nice to have a few hours every few days to get things done without my big guy. I am hoping to use this time to take some riding lessons. I would really like to get back into jumping! We will see!
Okay, so I feel like this is getting very long and if anyone is reading it, they are probably bored of my stream of conscious ranting and raving. It will be my goal to start writing in this forum about my experiences here in Switzerland. My goal is to find lots of nice things to say... after all, most of this country looks like a Disney Movie! It is unreal. Okay, until later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blair,
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad I went to your blog (from Fb). I love reading about your experiences in Switzerland. My family lived in Belgium for a year when I was 11 and I have many memories from that time. Your blogs remind me of so many things about that time. We loved Bern, Geneva and Lucerne. I've always dreamed of living in Europe again. It's such a wonderful opportunity. Hope you all are well.
Susan Gaddis